The following was written by Sib | @Film2240
I’m a professional filmmaker with autism. I’m also a full-time equality and disability rights campaigner who is passionate about making the world a better place for everyone. I am currently running a crowdfunding campaign and was wondering if you, the reader, could help me spread the word and help with my project.
For as long as I can remember, I’ve always had a powerful story to tell about my life and after a year of planning and developing ideas, I came up with the idea for ‘My Life On Camera‘ – a unique look into the world through the eyes of a creative person with autism. As well as making my voice heard, I hope to inspire other people to make positive social changes worldwide.
I have produced many successful short films over the course of the last decade. One of my most talked about projects was ‘Sea of Change‘, which raised awareness of issues that blind and disabled road users faced as a result of shared space road schemes being rolled out worldwide. The film has since been screened at the House of Lords in front of an audience consisting of politicians, academics and the media.
So I can help to raise awareness of autism.
So I can help to raise awareness of the discrimination people with autism experience.
So I can have my voice, and the collective voice of all those with autism, heard.
So I can show people what I, an individual with autism, can achieve without discrimination and when a lack of understanding, a lack of support, a lack of tolerance, isn’t holding me back.
The film will be a journey where I hope too:
• Document my current situation in terms of autism, how tough life is and the many and various challenges of living with autism brings, from a personal perspective of what it’s like to have autism and from how the lack of awareness and understanding, and how discrimination in various aspects of life, such as with employment, affects my life and the lives of those with autism.
• Speak to politicians, media and employers to try and change things for the better for people with autism. To follow me while I meet other campaigners and groups to ultimately meet with relevant MP’s and organisations to look at changing employment policy, legislation and law for the benefit of those with autism.
•To get to the bottom of why there are so few people with autism in employment. The film will also document my journey of realising my dream of becoming a journalist and/or TV presenter.
• With this film I hope to inspire people with autism, I hope to change things to break down barriers, increase awareness and understanding, to increase the level of support to make it possible for people with autism to pursue and fulfil their dreams and goals.
• This film will follow my journey from start to finish, and with the release of it help to achieve a huge and worthwhile goal of mine – for a worldwide revolution for autism awareness, acceptance and equality of opportunity.
• This film will follow me as I try to meet new people and make a lot of new friends to pave the way for other people with autism to help with loneliness.
• Supporting me on this project, this journey of mine on film will help me fulfil other goals relating to other forms of discrimination, inequality and injustices in connection to improving the world for the better.
By contributing to this project you will be supporting a film with a unique perspective of the world as I see it. I am a person with autism and would really like to show the wider world what is possible with autism. This will transform the world for the better through increased awareness of social issues, so you the contributor are also making a great positive impact on the world around you.
Please follow this link to my indiegogo campaign – https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/my-life-on-camera#/
Thank you for reading.
I would also like to say a big thank you in advance for any contribution you can make to this project.
We can end discrimination together.
Sib | @Film2240